- Download MikuMikuDance from this page:
Vocaloid Promotion Video Project
Scroll down to "MikuMikuDance (DirectX9 Ver.)"
As of 25-Oct-2011, the latest version is "7.39dot".
Download the file MikuMikuDanceE_v739dot.zip.
You can open the ZIP file with Windows in English (the files are not named in Japanese).
The ZIP file should have a "MikuMikuDanceE_v739dot" folder.
The folder should have an EXE file, a text file and a couple of subfolders.
- Create a new program folder, for example: C:\Program files\MikuMikuDance\
- Copy everything from the ZIP file into the new program folder.
- You might want to create a Windows shortcut to MikuMikuDance.exe.
Save the shortcut to your Windows desktop or any other folder you like.
- Double-click MikuMikuDance.exe (or a Windows shortcut to the program).
The main program window should appear:
If the program fails to start, your computer might not have DirectX9.
Microsoft Download Center - DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer